Raise Farm Productivity to Boost Manufacturing!
- Doubling farmers’ income between 2015-16 and 2022-23 will require an annual growth rate of 10.4 per cent in farmer’s real income.
- With present growth of 2.9 per cent per annum. It would take another 24 years to double the Farmer’s income.
- A manufacturing revolution has to be backed by Agriculture revolution: as it will create rural demand for industrial goods. This is the reason for china’s growth model.
- In India agricultural revolution is subdued because of a number of factors like Low productivity, declining exports, marketing issues etc.
- So if India wants to achieve a sustainable and inclusive economic growth. It must launch a spree of agricultural reforms. otherwise, the vision of New India 2022 will remain a dream only.