Draft National Education Policy 2019
- The draft National Education Policy, 2019 prepared by a committee chaired by Dr.K.Kasturirangan has been shared by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development for Public comments.
- The policy aims at making India a knowledge superpower by equipping students with the necessary skills and knowledge.
- The Draft Policy is built n foundational pillars of access, equity, quality, Affordability & accountability.
- A State regulatory authority has been suggested for regulating education in the country.
- The early child care and education have been sought to be integrated within the Ministry of Education (a changed name has been suggested for the Ministry of Human Resource and Development – MHRD)
- The policy also proposes to increase the class of compulsory education up to grade 12 (age – 18).