www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts Hindu summary about India’s friendship with Russia.
Oldest friends: India and Russia
India and Russia strengthening their bond despite USA imposing restrictions.
How the friendship is deepening?
The two countries announced a number of agreements,
- A $5.43 billion S-400 Triumf missile system deal,
- a space cooperation arrangement to put an Indian in space, and
- an action plan for a new nuclear plant.
- The signing of the S-400 air defence system deal, for instance, is of far greater consequence than its size.
- It denotes India’s desire to deepen defence cooperation with Russia; also that it is prepared to do this despite U.S. warnings that the deal could attract sanctions.
- This deal is important as its just 1 month after India signed the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) for better interoperability with the U.S. military.
- India’s deal with Russia is tough decision as it made India to choose among friends.
- There is need to maintain the balance in keeping friends happy which New Delhi is already in process.