www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts Featured article about How digitilization is supporting education system?
Digitalization in education system
- The Central Government has launched an Integrated Scheme for school education- Samagra Shiksha, which subsumes the three erstwhile Centrally Sponsored Schemes of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education, from the year 2018-19.
- The government has undertaken various initiatives for providing education through digital means such as:
- ICT in Education Curriculum for School System
- e-pathshala – 3311 audios and videos, 650 e-books (e-pubs) and 504 flip books have been made available on the portal and mobile app.
- National Repository of Open Educational Resources (NROER)
- SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active learning for Young Aspiring Minds)
- SWAYAM PRABHA- A programme for utilization of satellite communication technologies for transmission of educational e-contents through 32 National Channels i.e. SWAYAM PRABHA DTH-TV has been launched.
- NIOS is one of the National Coordinator of SWAYAM. NIOS is offering 14 secondary level courses, and all courses of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.).NIOS has been allocated 4 SWAYAMPRABHA DTH Channels.
- SARANSH is a tool for comprehensive self review and analysis for CBSE affiliated schools and parents.
- e-Prajna has been started for providing tablets pre-loaded with e-content in Maths and Science. 5076 Touch Tablets have been distributed among Class VIII Students and teachers for classroom transactions in subject Maths and Science.
- Operation Digital Board:- An initiative has been taken by Government of India to provide interactive digital boards to nearly 15 lakh classrooms across the country for 9th standard to post graduate level, where they can receive lectures from best teachers/professors and access quality e-content.