www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts AIR News Summary. It covers all important news for the whole day.This info is also covered as Daily current affairs.
AIR News summary – 30th June 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi says, minimum support price of Kharif at 150 per cent of input cost will be announced next week.
- Prime Minister today announced that MSP of Kharif at 150 per cent of input cost will be announced next week.
- Interacting with a group of over 140 sugarcane farmers at his residence in New Delhi, PM said, the Union Cabinet will take a decision in this regard in its forthcoming meeting for the notified crops of Kharif season 2018- 19.
- He said, this will ensure a significant boost to the income of farmers.
- Prime Minister also stated that within the next two weeks, the Fair and Remunerative Price for sugarcane for 2018-19 season will also be announced.
- He said, this will also be higher than the 2017-18 price.
- He said, it will also provide incentive for those farmers whose recovery from sugarcane will be higher than 9.5 per cent.
- The Prime Minister apprised the farmers about the various decisions taken to liquidate the arrears of sugarcane farmers.
- In the last seven to ten days itself, more than four thousand crore rupees of arrears have been given to farmers as a result of new policy measures enforced.
- Mr Modi further assured them that State Governments have been requested to take effective measures for liquidation of cane arrears.
- The Prime Minister exhorted farmers to use sprinkler and drip irrigation, latest farming techniques, and solar pumps. He urged them to install solar panels in their farms as a source of power, as well as additional income.
Fourth Phase of Sale of Electoral Bonds to begin from Monday.
- The fourth Phase of Sale of Electoral Bonds will begin from Monday.
- It will continue till 11th of next month.
- The Finance Ministry today said, State Bank of India has been authorised to issue and encash these Bonds through its eleven authorised branches across the country.
- Electoral Bonds will be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee Political Party if the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period.
- Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act and which secured not less than one per cent of the votes polled in the last General Election to the Lok Sabha and the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive the Electoral Bonds.
- The Government had notified the Electoral Bond Scheme 2018 through Gazette Notification on 2nd of January this year.
The NITI Aayog today launched the first Delta ranking, incremental progress, for the Aspirational Districts in the country.
- Launching it in New Delhi, NITI Aayog, CEO Amitabh Kant said, the purpose of this ranking is to spur a sense of competition among the dynamic teams in the districts.
- As per the ranking, Dahod district of Gujarat improved 19.8 points to achieve first rank followed by West Sikkim district in Sikkim.
- The ranking is based on self- reported data of districts between March 31 to May 31, 2018, across five areas namely Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion, Skill Development and Basic Infrastructure.
The third-bilateral working group meeting between Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) of India and Indonesia’s National Anti-Narcotics Agency was held in New Delhi today.
- The meeting was aimed at strengthening cooperation between the two countries in combating drug trafficking. Speaking on the occasion, NCB DG Abhay said, the government is committed to supporting Indonesia in countering drug trafficking.
European Union leaders have agreed to extend economic sanctions against Russia over the conflict in Ukraine for a further six months.
- The sanctions target whole sectors of the Russian economy including its oil businesses. The leaders made the decision at a summit in Brussels today.
- In a statement, the EU leaders also reiterated their full support for a UN resolution on MH17 and called on Russia to accept its responsibility and fully cooperate with all efforts to establish truth, justice and accountability.
- The EU first imposed the sanctions after Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down over Ukraine in 2014, killing 298 people.
- The EU blamed pro-Russian rebels for the attack.