www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts AIR News Summary. It covers all important news for the whole day.This info is also covered as Daily current affairs.
AIR News summary – 29th June 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi says, government aims to include Sant Kabir’s principle of equality in shaping a New India.
- The government aims to include Sant Kabir Das’ principle of equality in shaping a New India.
- He said, it is being done through Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas by providing homes, food, social security and better healthcare facilities to the countrymen through various flagship schemes.
- PM was addressing a public rally at Maghar in Uttar Pradesh today to mark the 500th death anniversary of the famous Saint.
- Attacking the opposition, the Prime Minister said, some parties are creating rift in the society and called for spreading the teachings of Sant Kabir to counter such divisive forces.
- He said, those who talk of Samajwad and Bahujan are only concerned about wresting power.
America supports India’s membership in Nuclear Suppliers Group, says US Permanent Representative to the UN Nikki Haley.
- US Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Nikki Haley said, India and US will continue to stand shoulder to shoulder to maintain stability in the Indo-Pacific region in the coming years.
- Ms Haley was speaking on advancing India-US relations in New Delhi today.
- She said, the relationship between the two countries has grown from indifference and mutual suspicion to friendship and partnership.
- She said, the US supports India’s membership in Nuclear Suppliers Group as it is a nuclear state which is widely respected.
Maharashtra government has relaxed its stringent ban on plastic usage by allowing small retailers to use plastic bags for packaging for the next three months.
- The relaxation will be applicable for plastic bags above 50 microns.
- The announcement came within four days of imposing the ban on single-use plastic across the state.
- The relaxation granted to small retailers is on the lines of a similar exception already available for branded products.