www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts PIB Summary. This news are the main source for current affairs.
PIB SUMMARY-26th June 2018
Sanitation Action Plans Prepared for 10 New Swachh Iconic Places
- SIP Sites Resolve to go 100% Plastic Free
- Ten new heritage sites of the country today firmed up action plans for raising their sanitation standards to exemplary levels.
- These Places are Sri Raghavendra Swami Mutt Mantralayam (Andhra Pradesh), Hazarduari Palace (West Bengal), Shri Brahma Sarovar Temple (Haryana), Vidur Kuti Temple (Uttar Pradesh), Mana village (Uttarakhand), Pangong Tso (Jammu and Kashmir), Shri Nag Vasuki Temple (Uttar Pradesh), Nupi Keithel (Manipur), Sree Dharma Sastha Temple (Kerala) and Kanvashram (Uttarakhand), which constitute Phase-III of the Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) initiative of the Swachh Bharat Mission, coordinated by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- All the thirty Swachh Iconic Places selected so far under the initiative resolved to make their sites completely free of plastic at the event.
5th India-Australia Joint Ministerial Commission held in Australia
- The 15th India-Australia Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) was held on 25th June 2018, in Canberra, Australia.
- The JMC took place after a gap of 4 years in a very warm and cordial atmosphere. The Ministers discussed at length on ways to increase two-way investment flows between the two countries.
- In this regard, both sides agreed to have greater collaboration between Austrade, the Australian Trade and Investment Commission and Invest-India, which is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India.
- The talks culminated in the signing of an MoU between Austrade and Invest-India in order to facilitate bilateral investment flows.
Constitution of Committee for Standardization and Indigenization in Metro Rail Systems
- For this purpose, a committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of Sh. E. Sreedharan for Standardization and Indigenization in Metro Rail with the following members:
- The committee is expected to submit its report in 3 months. After 3 months, based on specific task of standardization, Dr. Sreedharan could co-opt the relevant expert members for the task for a specified period of time.
Visa Exemption to Foreign Designers in Handicrafts Sector
- Handicrafts sector has been exempted from minimum salary condition (Rs. 16.25 lakhs per annum) for grant of employment visa to foreign designers for a period of 2 years i.e. till 30.06.2020.
- Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) had sought the intervention of Union Minister of Textiles for getting the exemption from the minimum salary condition for grant of employment visa to foreign designers.
- The Textiles Minister’s prompt action to obtain the exemption for handicrafts sector will help the exporters to hire international designers as per their requirement.