www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts PIB Summary. This news are the main source for current affairs.
PIB SUMMARY-25th June 2018
UN MSME Day to be celebrated on 27th June 2018
The Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), will organizea National Conclave (UdyamSangam) on 27th June 2018 on the occasion of UN MSME Day.The purpose of the Conclave is to encourage dialogue and partnership among various stakeholders of the MSME ecosystem and for promoting innovation and knowledge sharing on MSME related issues.
On this occasion the Solar Charkha Mission of the Ministry will be launched by the President. The Mission will cover 50 clusters and every cluster will employ 400 to 2000 artisans. The Mission has been approved by the Government of India for which the MSME Ministry will disburse subsidy of Rs. 550 crores to the artisans. A Website of the Ministry will also be launched which will act as a bridge between the talent pool and those enterprises seeking trained man power.
Group of Eminent Personalities to study the SEZ Policy holds its first meeting.
- The group of eminent personalities constituted by the Government of India to study the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) Policy of India held its first meeting on 22nd June under the aegis of Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu.
- The Minister requested the members of the group to review the entire ecosystem of SEZ’s to suggest policy changes to make SEZ policy simple and transparent, with a view to remove regulations in industry without compromising on environmental concerns.
- Baba Kalyani, Chairman Bharat Forge, who is Chairman of this group, pointed out that biggest challenge today was creation of jobs and the focus of the group would be to address this issue.
- The group will make suggestion for shift from fiscal incentives to employment based incentives, re frame the boundaries and introduce grandfathering clause for existing provisions, he added.
- The group has decided to meet in the middle of July, 2018, again and will submit its report by the end of August 2018.
Environment Ministry holds meeting with expert agencies to discuss application of advanced technologies to deal with air pollution incidents
- A meeting with expert institutions was held in the Environment Ministry to discuss application of advanced technologies to deal with air pollution incidents and improve the overall air quality management framework.
- The expert institutions included Satellite Application Centre (SAC) of ISRO, Department of Science &Technology (DST), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL), IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- The issues taken up for discussion included – use of satellite-based Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD) data for estimating groundbased PM2.5 levels, establishing early warning system and dissemination protocol to inform public and enforcing agencies about episodic high pollution events in advance.
The following decisions were taken:
- DST will take the lead on technology interventions for possible use before the onset of winter. They should provide the results of their assessments in 2 weeks, so that pilots could be quickly rolled out.
- An expert group will be constituted, which will provide its recommendation in a month’s time on early warning system, including dissemination protocol and application of satellite based measurement for improving air quality information and management.
- National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL) will be the certification agency for air quality measurement instruments. Certification of PM2.5 and PM10 volume samplers will commence from September, 2018.
Ministry of Health signs anMoU with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Shri PrakashJavadekar, Union Minister of Human Resource Development said that this is the historic moment as three ministries of health, education and skills are coming together to meet the large manpower requirements in the burgeoning healthcare sector.
- The combined objective under this MoU is to scale up the health programs to create trained personnel in the healthcare sector and to set up a dedicated cell for developing, implementing and certifying the skill based programs at IGNOU.
- Initially four courses will be launched country wide under this MoU, namely Home Health Aide,Geriatric Care Assistant, Phlebotomist andGeneral Duty Assistant. Followed by remaining six skill-based curriculum as standardized by MoHFW- Diabetes Educator, Dietetic Aide, EMT-Basic, Dispensing Optician/VT and Medical Equipment Technology Assistant.
- The signing of this MoU is under the existing framework of ‘Skills for Life, Save a Life’ initiative, under which ten short term course curricula were formally released by this Ministry in June 2017, along with Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- This MOU will create training and monitoring network at District Level integrating the tertiary, secondary and primary health care institutions. It is envisioned that this MoU will take up large scale training in a time-bound manner at an affordable cost and will be accessible to all citizens of India.
Saudi ARAMCO and ADNOC sign MoU for participating in the Ratnagiri Refinery project in Maharashtra
Saudi Aramco and ADNOC signed an MoU today to jointly develop and build an integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex at Ratnagiri in Maharashtra. The project will be implemented by Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd. (RRPCL).
NCST to organise “National Seminar on Conservation of Particularly Vulnerable Tribes of Andaman & Nicobar Islands: The Way Forward” on 27-28 June, 2018
- National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST) is organizing a National Seminar on “Conservation of Particularly Vulnerable Tribes of Andaman and Nicobar Islands: The Way Forward” on 27th and 28th June, 2018 at New Delhi.
- This Seminar is being organized in collaboration with Anthropological Survey of India (AnSI) and Directors of 18 Tribal Research Institutes in different States have also been invited to deliberate on critical issues of tribal groups who are at the verge of extinction
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to the most primitive tribal groups: Great Andamanese, Onge, Jarawa, Sentinelese, Nicobarese and Shompens. Some of these tribal groups are on the verge of extinction. It is important to understand the challenges they face and to preserve them.
- With these objectives in view, the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST), a Constitutional body set up under Article 338(A) of the Constitution to protect the interests of Scheduled Tribes, is organizing for the first time a two-day Seminar.
Government proposes to set up 3000 Van Dhan Kendras involving 30,000 SHG’s across the country
- The Government proposes to set up 3000 Van Dhan Kendras involving 30,000 SHG’s across the country under the Van Dhan Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Under Van Dhan Scheme, 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers each have been constituted at Bijapur, Chhattisgarh. They are then trained and provided with working capital to add value to the products, which they collect from the Jungle.
- Working under the leadership of Collector, these groups can then market their products not only within the States but also outside the States. Training and technical support is provided by TRIFED.
Specially designed software to help in strengthening service delivery and improving nutrition outcomes through Effective monitoring and Timely interventions in POSHAN Abhiyaan
- ICDS-CAS (Common Application Software) has been specially designed to strengthen the Service Delivery System as well as the mechanism for Real Time Monitoring (RTM) for nutritional outcomes.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India will organize a day-long Seminar on Technology Partnerships for Steering POSHAN Abhiyaan called ‘TECH-THON’ for POSHAN Abhiyaan – PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment on 28th June, 2018 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi.