www.iasinsights.in ; www.iasgyaan.com posts AIR News Summary. It covers all important news for the whole day.This info is also covered as Daily current affairs.
AIR News summary – 12th June 2018
India welcomes US-North Korea Summit calling it a positive development; South Korea hopes for a new beginning in relations between the two Koreas and United States.
- India has welcomed the United States – North Korea Summit held in Singapore.
- Ministry of External Affairs, in a statement, today said this is a positive development and India has always supported efforts to bring about peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula through dialogue and diplomacy.
- India hoped that the resolution of the Korean Peninsula issue will address India’s concerns about proliferation linkages extending to India’s neighbourhood.
- It also hoped that the outcomes of the summit will be implemented, paving the way for lasting peace and stability in the region.
Government launches 5000 Wi-Fi Choupals in villages and delivery of rail tickets through Common Service Centres.
- Government has launched 5,000 Wi-Fi Choupals in villages and delivery of rail tickets through Common Service Centres, CSCs.
- It was inaugurated by Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi yesterday.
- The move is aimed at transforming rural Internet connectivity through BharatNet.
- The WiFi Choupals will enable people in rural areas with an effective Internet access for their various digital processes.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad said, with the concept of power of information, CSCs are running a mass movement of digitalization which, in turn, empowers the common man.